Dear Friends and Students of Yungdrung Bon,
This has been a year filled with sadness, joy, anticipation and love. Until September, the Tibetan Yungdrung Bon community was still grieving for the late 33rd sMenri Trizin, yet there was great joy for the new 34th sMenri Trizin.
We personally witnessed so many Bonpos join together with their faith in Yungdrung Bon. We saw Bonpos from all over the world united not only at sMenri, but other Sanghas throughout the world. We met such beautiful, beautiful Bonpos who shared their relationships with Bon and their teachers.
We feel so blessed to have been a part of this. Thank you!
As we come to the end of 2018, Latri Nyima Dakpa Rinpoche, together with the Yeru Bon Center board and sangha members, would like to thank everyone who contributed to Yeru Bon Center and to The Bon Children’s Home this year.
2018 In Review
2018 has been an active and productive year for Yeru Bon Center. With your support, we were able to:
- Make offerings to all the monks and nuns at sMenri Monastery at the 1st year anniversary of His Holiness the late 33rd Menri Trizin entering the state of enlightenment, and the enthronement of His Holiness the 34th sMenri Trizin
- Make a Bum Tsok Offering to sMenri Monastery
- Make a Stupa Offering
- Complete the plumbing and sewer repair project at the BCH so that the boys can use the dormitories and bathrooms again
- Provide medical attention to BCH children, including the visit of an American doctor and nurse to check BCH children and provide a supply of basic medicines
- Provide school supplies, backpacks, and meals for the BCH children
- Provide special meals for the children at the Bon Children’s Home
- Provide more Bon teachings throughout the world, both physically at Yeru Bon Center and Yeru Retreat Center, and via live stream and our online courses
We are especially and extremely grateful for your support to The Bon Children’s Home. Your support came at a very good time for the children’s needs. The children are living in a healthier environment because of your support.
The teachings of Yungdrung Bon have continued to spread throughout the world. Yungdrung Bön has rich traditions and
sophisticated philosophy and teachings. The Bon teachings and practices help to cultivate the heart-mind of compassion and wisdom. They promote healing, forgiveness, clarity, peace, and ultimately lead to enlightenment.
His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama said, “To understand Tibetan culture and history completely, one must understand Bön, and both support and preserve it.”
Yeru’s Plans for 2019
In 2019, Yeru Bon Center plans to address these projects:
Bon Children’s Home
- Sponsorship – Remember, your donations and sponsorship mean so much to help the children at the Bon Children’s Home – Your annual sponsorship provides for the basic necessities of the children. You can make an annual sponsorship or monthly sponsorship.
- Flooring of the children’s dormitories, specifically replace cracked flooring with tile
- Repair of broken concrete in outdoor areas
- Outdoor painting
- Improved bedding for the children
- More special meals throughout the year
- Medical attention: provide for doctors, nurses and medications for the children
Yeru Bon Center ~ Yeru Retreat Center
Yeru Retreat Center is located on the beautiful Garuda Lake. It has been called Mini Tibet. We love and plan on keeping this place very simple, in its natural state, hidden in the forest of Northern Minnesota. We have been so fortunate to have many Geshes, Rinpoches and Lamas come for teachings and blessings. Many Bon practitioners have come for a personal retreat or to come with their family for a beautiful time here at Yeru Retreat Center.
Your support can help with:
- Temple at Yeru Retreat Center – The Temple design is beautiful and designed by an Architect who is a Bon practitioner. This Temple is being built in honor of His Holiness, the late 33rd sMenri Trizin, as this was his request.
- Media and Online Courses
- Update our media equipment for online courses
- Provide help to the Geshes for their projects and their transportation
Gifts for Donors
Yeru Bon Center will start our year-end contribution campaign on November 9th, 2018, culminating on December 3, 2019 which is #Giving Tuesday, the Global Day of Giving.
As you prepare for the year-end gift giving and donations, we ask you to consider donating to Yeru Bon Center.
Your donation can be directed to the repair projects or sponsorship of children at The Bon Children’s Home;
Yeru Retreat Center’s construction of its temple in Honor of His Holiness, the late 33rd sMenri Trizin;
General funds, to used where needed, or a special need you may want to help with.
As a “thank you” for your donations, Yeru Bon Center was gifted beautiful large 18×24 canvas prints. We have limited numbers of the following for anyone who donates:
- Red Garuda
- Tonpa Shenrab
- Sidpa Gyalmo
- Yeshe Walmo
- Shenla Odkar
- Drenpa Namkaha
- Tsewa Rigdzin
Our donor of these prints asks that they be given to the donors providing the first 100 donations above $100.00.
Yeru Bon Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
To donate, please click on the following options: